Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno / The Legend Ends

                     
                        

Since I know that most of you guys don't know Japanese, I have found an English version of the trailer. This movie is based off of a manga (which I finished reading), and it talks about this person who is a powerful swordsman. I'm going to spare you the summary since I am horrible at explaining plots. Basically, it's an action-packed movie with a hint of romance. This movie is coming out on September 13, 2014 in Japanese theaters.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favourite mangas of all time. I could say that I am a history junkie, but I think that I'm only attracted to the dramatic elements of history. I prefer sword-fighting and historical costumes over guns and modern settings. If I could impose another manga upon you, it would be Chouka Kou (otherwise known as Chang Ge Xing). The story is set in the Tang Dynasty and it talks about this princess who wants to seek revenge against the emperor for murdering her father (along with the rest of her family). Again, I'm not going into details since my explanation might actually turn you off.

Alas, it is Monday, but here's something to brighten up your day. Courtesy of one of my favourite childhood comic series.


Comments

Popular Posts