Microwaveable Mug Cakes

At first, I was completely against the idea of cooking delicious baked goods inside a mug. It seems preposterous, and the fact that it will fully cook inside a microwave is unbelievable. However, I've been missing out on mouth-watering goodness.

Today, I felt spontaneous and found a chocolate espresso mug cake recipe online and found out that I have all the ingredients. I was doubtful, but I whisked together all of the ingredients, zapped it in the microwave for 90 seconds and voila, a masterpiece is born. The versatility of the microwave seems endless now, and I can't wait to experiment some more.

Here is the chocolate espresso mug cake recipe that I borrowed from Kurryleaves.

Credits to Kurryleaves

Ingredients:



  • All purpose flour- 3 tbsp
  • Instant coffee powder-1 tsp
  • Drinking chocolate powder or sweetened cocoa powder-2 tbsp
  • Sugar- 2 1/2 to 3  tbsp
  • Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
  • Milk- 2 tbsp
  • Egg- 1 
  • Oil-2 tbsp
  • Vanilla extract-1/2 tsp

Method:

  1. In a mixing bowl combine all purpose flour,coffee powder,sugar and baking powder.Mix well.
  2. Add milk,egg ,oil and vanilla extract,stir with a fork ,just until combined.
  3. Pour this into a greased mug and microwave on high for  90 seconds( or a few seconds more) until cooked through.(DO NOT OVER COOK)
  4. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or simply dust with powdered sugar.

I would show you a picture of my finished product, but I ate it all. Hopefully, you can find the time in your busy schedule to whip this up. Trust me, it's worth it. 

Tonight, I'm going to attempt to make Microwave Matcha Mochi Cups

Comments

Popular Posts