Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

So it's me again. Surprised that I'm still here? Me too. So today, I was looking back on the things I've made with an oven, and I recalled my lemon cream cheese cookies. These cookies were probably the best thing I have ever eaten. They were soft, cheesy, and lemony. I found this recipe while gawking at food on foodgawker. I cannot begin to describe the bliss I felt when I ate them. Sadly, they were all finished on the day they were made because I brought them to a party. People enjoyed them, but my only regret is the slightly burnt bottoms. Aside from that, they were a success.

Normally, I would never revisit the recipe again because I prefer to make something different every time. However, these are so good, it would be a pity not to.

I found this wonderful recipe on Gouda Monster, and here it is:

Photo Credits: Gouda Monster

Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 16 Min Total Time: 26 Min
Yield: 36

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest (this is about the amount I got from a small lemon)
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons egg replacer powder mixed with 2 tablespoons of water (or 1 egg)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 8oz plain cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

For the glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon whipping cream or milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Beat softened butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. I did everything in my food processor, which made it quick and easy.
  3. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, egg replacement, vanilla, and baking powder. Pulse until combined.
  4. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
  5. Gradually add in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, combining well after each addition.
  6. Using a melon baller, cookie scoop, or heaping tablespoon, place balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. I fit about a dozen per sheet.
  7. Bake for about 16 minutes or until the edges are just barely golden.
  8. Allow cookies to rest on the sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
  9. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and whipping cream until smooth. If you prefer the glaze a little thinner you can add more whipping cream, or more lemon juice if you prefer a tarter glaze.
  10. Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze, shake off the excess, and place back onto the cooling rack. I recommend laying a sheet of wax paper under the rack to catch any glaze that drips through. It makes cleanup much easier.
  11. Allow the glaze to harden (about 30 minutes) before packing the cookies away.

Comments

Popular Posts