Starbucks' Chestnut Praline Latte: Review


This is my first review, so have mercy on me.

Today, I went out to get the Chestnut Praline Latte because I have been dying to do so for ages. Additionally, Starbucks had a promotion where you can buy one holiday drink, and you will get one free. Obviously, I took advantage of that offer, and immediately tried the CPL with a friend.

My barista added a bit too much of the topping; however, it's not like I'm complaining, it's more as if I'm just warning you that this review may be slightly biased.

I ordered the standard CPL with whipped cream and everything. The initial sip was creamy and nutty which was really nice, but I scalded my tongue as I took my 2nd sip. I don't know if any one else can relate to me, but I felt as if it was similar to a hazelnut macchiato. It wasn't too sweet, and it had some bitter undertones which I enjoyed quite a lot. The caramelized chestnuts added a caramel-like flavour to the drink, so it transformed into a combination of hazelnut and caramel.

I understand that everyone has different tastes, but my final verdict on Starbucks new drink is: 8.5/10.

The flavours weren't exactly new, but I would order this again. With that being said, the hazelnut macchiato is still my favourite handcrafted espresso drink, but nothing can beat good ol' fashioned brewed coffee.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts